Rainbow

Rainbow
Somewhere, at any time, there is a rainbow of promise!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Back to the Country

Yesterday I left the Westerner Campground with my car, bike inside, and went to work. At the end of the afternoon, I headed to the highway and to our friend’s acreage, where we will be parked for a week and help her with some spring work.

“You can take the girl from the farm, but you can’t take the farm from the girl”. I love being in the country – the quietness, the space, the beauty. Last night when the sun went down it was actually dark!

There are a few maintenance things to do on the RV while we are here, like re-organizing the basement, checking the solar panels and antenna, maybe even giving it a bath. Those are chores not permitted in most campgrounds.

I am eagerly anticipating next weekend, when we head out on our first road trip. It will be a well-earned break to go to the mountains for four days. Since resuming work in December, I have only taken three days off – Family Day, Victoria Day, and a day to drive Lyle to Lethbridge for an appointment. I am hoping for lots of sunshine while I lay back in the hot springs and relax!

When we return, it will be time to begin our yardsitting commitments. But that also means back to the country. I'm a happy camper!

P.S. Just found the video done by Tourism Red Deer in response to my win in the "Favorite places to visit in Red Deer" contest last summer. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/embed/bNohzaze2WE

No comments:

Post a Comment